• 6 eggs or equivalent amount of egg-substitute (less calories and cholesterol and just as tasty!)
• 1-ounce shredded fat free mozzarella
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• Pinch salt
• 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
• 1/4 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
• 1/4 cup chopped tomato
• (optional) Diced Jalapeno or Serrano Pepper to taste
• (optional) ¼ cup of black beans, drained and rinsed, for extra protein
• 6oz of fresh Spinach
• 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro
• Cooking spray
Preheat oven to broil setting.
In large bowl, using a fork, blend together eggs, cheese, pepper, and salt. Spray and heat a non-stick, oven safe pan (cast iron is fantastic!) over medium high heat. Add spinach and salt to pan and sauté for for 2 to 3 minutes, followed by onions, tomato, green bell pepper, and finally jalapenos. Season veggies with a ½ tsp of salt, pour egg mixture into pan and stir with rubber spatula. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the egg mixture has set on the bottom and begins to set up on top. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Place pan into oven and broil for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes, until lightly browned and fluffy. Remove from pan and cut into 6 servings. Serve immediately.