With Thanksgiving dinner behind us and the upcoming weeks of holiday parties, and family get-togethers The Simply7 team has put together some great and healthier alternatives to the traditional meals this holiday! Here are 7 different healthy recipes, for sides, desserts and casseroles.
- We’ll start with some healthy and delicious sides that you can make this year. A delicious Sautéed Brussels Sprouts recipe, the recipe calls for bacon but if you don’t want to use it that’s fine just leave it out! Recipe Here
- Low-calorie Wheat Berry Salad from Health.com. This salad takes a little more preparation but it is definitely worth trying, we did! Recipe Here
- Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole – from Food.com, Adding sweet taste of apple to the sweet potato the apple taste with the sweet potato gives this casserole a twist that you can’t resist. Recipe Here
- From CDKitchen we have a very healthy Baked Vegetable casserole, with three different vegetables this recipe could be the star of your holiday dinner. Recipe Here
- Now for healthier desserts, here are some healthier options for the same traditional tastes. First we have Pumpkin Custard from Whole Living, it’s like a crust less pumpkin pie! Recipe Here
- For the famous apple pie, here is a healthier option that is just as delicious! Adding some oatmeal and nuts to the pie makes it crunchy and delicious. Here’s a recipe from Delish for this great apple pie Recipe Here
- Now for one of the most important parts of the meal, the stuffing, here is a great healthier alternative for the stuffing! From Taste of Home we have a great Artichoke Stuffing recipe. Recipe Here or Try Simply7’s stuffing.
Making these little changes in your holiday meals can help you and your family be a little healthier and maybe will even start a new tradition.