- Try taking shorter showers to reduce water use. This will lower your water and heating bills too.
- Walk or bike to work. This saves on gas and parking costs while improving your cardiovascular health and reducing your risk of obesity.
- Use a water filter to purify tap water instead of buying bottled water. Not only is bottled water expensive, but it generates large amounts of container waste.
- Re-use your grocery bags or buy a canvas bag you can carry your groceries in.
- Be bright about light! Turn off the lights when you’re leaving any room for 15 mins or more and utilize natural light when you can.
- Pay your bills online. Not only is it greener, it’s a sanity saver.
- Give up washing your car at home. Commercial car washes require an average of about 45 gallons of water per car wash whereas, home washers typically use between 80-140 gallons.